Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweet Boy. Pile o Quilts. Birthday Cake. Tasty Cookies.








My dear boy. He made editing difficult today.... Only happy when held. He did NOT want to nap today at all... I am good and tired, but it is SO worth it.
My birthday was last week (ugh...not having anymore!!) and I was given a 'surprise' cake by Cindy what a nice treat! Her husband dropped it off..I was in the midst of changing a poopy diaper when he arrived and when I got to the door, this was what awaited me... YUMMY, and yes, I ate the WHOLE THING.. thx again Cindy!

These tasty cookies are made from the Feb 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Living. I copied it out of the mag at the library (too cheap to take a photocopy...though I guess I could've taken a photo....hmmm) I don't know the name of them, but I've been calling them Cinnamon Bun Cookies - they're dee-lish...

Cinnamon Bun Cookies
::Dough::
2.5 Cups of Flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
8oz of butter, softened
1 Cup of sugar
1/4 tsp orange zest
2 eggs

::Filling::
2 oz butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon

- Make dough: sift flour, salt & baking soda in a large bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar & zest in a mixer on medium speed til smooth (3 min)
- beat in eggs (I forgot them, and still, they were delish!)
reduce speed, add flour mixture.
- beat until just combined.
- divide dough, wrap, chill 1 hour.
- turn onto floured parchment, roll out to 10x12 rectangle (I found the dough too hard to roll, I let it soften a bit, just enough to make rolling possible)
- trim edges (I didn't... still yummy)
- repeat with 2nd half of dough
- chill 10 min.

Make filling:: Mix all ingredients
- crumble mixture over 2 rectangles.
- starting on long side, roll into log (I used the parchment paper to help with the rolling up)
- chill 1 hour.

Preheat oven 350 deg.
slice dough 1/4" thick
Bake 19 min, til edges are golden

cookies keep for 3 days, covered (ya, like they EVER saw three days..)

4 comments:

  1. mmm those cookies look yummy!

    ... you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is lovely and your photos are wonderful... could your boy be any cuter? I think not! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!! I LOVE reading them! so much fun!