Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Marshmallows, pretzels and immunizations.

Today my boy had his first shots. Boy oh boy that was hard on ME... he cried and cried and cried... and I couldn't do a thing to make him feel better. that was NOT fun. I was just about crying with him. He got over it much faster than I did, and in no time he was sitting (ok, leaning on me) playing with toys and another cutie named Aiden. We had to hang around for 15 min afterward to make sure there wasn't going to be any allergic reaction (WHAT??) We are to watch for a rash or a fever. ugh... poor little guy...what did we (I) do to you? Once he seemed like he was going to be fine, we were off to our fave Sally Ann, and managed to spend a whole $6.47 - salad spinner, a down throw, roots hoodie for the boy, an old board game "ginnykub" (based on Gin-Rummy) - which I plan to slaughter M with...lol... and a pair of yellow rain boots for the boy... yay!

we headed back towards home (only to stop at our Fave BFM, where we picked up some pants for my niece C. The boy is now semi-sleeping in his swing (gasp...I should put him in bed, but he's just so comfy looking...) and while he napped, I made more of these above!
White chocolate (actually...PINK chocolate) dipped pretzels with sprinkles...

They were so good... I ate all but about 4 of them. and yes, I just said I made more...I plan on eating all of them too...it seems to be all the 'meal' I have time for these days. The other day, I was reading {THIS BLOG} she was talking about how she read about these marshmallow lollipops on another blog and was going to be making them. As soon as I saw them, I thought....hey, I can do that! and so I did. And this is what they looked like... I don't actually like marshmallows *except when it's in rice crispy squares and hot chocolate* but I do like CUTE and these were cute indeed!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you have time for a 4 month old, baking these, and blogging. very admirable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha... he's a good baby and he 'helps' (mostly by grinning and smiling a lot...)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!! I LOVE reading them! so much fun!