Chocolate Shortbread Hearts
(actually it's Martha Stewarts Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds cut like hearts.... with a few changes...)
NOTE: these are really fragile until totally cooled... even then, handle gently!
* 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- mix flour, sugar, cocoa , salt in a mixer bowl to combine.
- Add butter and vanilla, mix until mixture comes together.
2. roll on floured surface - 1/4 inch thick;
- cut with heart-shape cookie cutter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.