I use (this time anyway) white chocolate chunks. the recipe follows. They are awesome with milk or a latte...
After the playgroup we went to the farm for a walk...on which we saw something dead..I thought it was a snake, M said it was a mink or something. Whatever it was.. it was interesting. Doesn't this mink pic make you want to rush out and make the biscotti right away?
Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti.
- 3/4 Cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease a baking sheet
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter and sugar, and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in walnuts and white chocolate
- Form dough (on baking sheet) into a flattened log, 12 by 4 inches.
- Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- On a cutting board, using a sharp knife, cut biscotti - 1-inch-thick slices.
- put biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet, and bake until crisp but still slightly soft in the center, about 5-8 minutes.