Saturday, December 13, 2008

10:52 pm

What is with this wind and where did today go?? I must say, I am really enjoying the blustery weather! If I can't get snow in these western parts, at least there is windy weather entertain me.

Today I noticed that my boy looks so different than when we first brought him home. and he's only 2 months old. I am so glad I decided to do the 365 blog. He is just changing so much, so fast, it's exciting and yet heartbreaking at the same time.

I went out for an hour (sans baby) today, the usual places, the library to return (what I think are 1 day late) books - I had a hard time letting go of the cheerful Christmas mags. and then to 2 of my *favorite* 2nd hand stores - one of them has baby clothes for 50 cents a piece ☺

I found (much to my delight!) a half (maybe quarter) size fiddle. $20. Including case, bow and rosin... now, granted the strings are off and it needs a bridge, and the bow could do with being re-haired, but the sounding post is standing and even if it wasn't, $20 is the deal of the century. Now I will be able to teach my boy to play (and I'll have someone to play with ☺)

At the other thrift store I found 2 baby crib sized quilts, one was $3.50 the other was $2.50.
Perfect for snuggling up in, or throwing in the car. They will get excellent use for sure.

Then the rest of the afternoon was spent making Cranberry Marmalade, then cleaning it up. This is where I got the recipe, I did make some changes to suit me ☺
Here's what I did:
Cranberry Marmalade
2 med. orange
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 lb. cranberries (4 cups)
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 cups apple juice (real juice)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg of pectin *I used Dr. Okter's Jam express*
-
Zest the oranges,
peel and cut oranges up

Combine cranberries, zest, sugar, pectin and juices in large pot and bring to a boil.
Boil, uncovered, until berries pop, about 8 minutes.
add cinnamon and oranges

Simmer, stirring often, until thick, about 15 minutes.

Ladle into jars.
(Made thirteen 125ml jelly jars).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!! I LOVE reading them! so much fun!